Obtaining a Library Card
Library cards are free to anyone who lives, works,
attends school, or owns property in Edgecombe County, or
who lives in an adjoining county (Nash, Halifax, Martin,
Pitt, or Wilson). Residents of other counties may
have a card for a $10.00 annual fee.
- Those wishing to obtain a library card must show
identification that proves their current address,
such as a driver's license, piece of received
mail, checkbook, or some other official document.
- All children ages 5 - 17 must be accompanied by a
parent or guardian, with identification, to
obtain a library card.
- A library card may be used in Tarboro, Pinetops,
and through Outreach Services.
- You must have your library card with you to
- You are responsible for all items checked out to
your card. Contact the library as soon as possible if your
card is lost or stolen. There will be a charge for lost
or damaged items.
- There will be a $5.00 fee to replace a lost card.
Any change in name, address, or phone number
should be reported to the library as soon as possible.
New library patrons can only check
out 5 books the first time they use their card. For 6 months they
can only have 15 books on their record at any given time.