ECGS Current Events

Society Home     Maps and Publications   Mission  Current Officers   Photos   Contact Information   Join Us!   Mailing List

The ECGS meets in the Pender Room of the Edgecombe County Memorial Library at 7:00 p.m. on the third Thursday of each month except July and December, or in the event of a special announced meeting.  Coming to ECGS meetings will involve you in a variety of informative genealogical programs!

  Edgecombe County Genealogical Society Programs for 2013

March 20

10:00 am

Kathy Causeway

Pinetops Library

April 12

9:00 am

Field Trip

Historic Halifax

May 16

4:00 pm

Library Lock-In

Tarboro Library

June 20

6:00 pm

Social

Calvary Church

July

 

NO MEETING

 

August 21

7:00 pm

Tour Norfleet House

Monika Fleming

ECC Campus

September 18

7:00 pm

TBA

 

October 17

4:00 pm

Library Lock-in

Tarboro Library

November 20

4:30 pm

Register of Deeds Lock-in

Tarboro, Register of Deeds

December 19

6:00 pm

Christmas Social

TBA



For more information, call 252-823-1141

Calvary Episcopal Church Gothic Revival church designed by William Percival is among the most important antebellum Gothic churches in NC. Located on 411 East Church St.
Tarboro Town Commons Established in 1760 and is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. Originally used for grazing of livestock, community outings and military drills. Today there are several historic monuments, beautiful old trees, the 1860 Cotton Press, Herb Gardens area, and walk along McBryde Trail. Surrounding the commons are beautiful stately homes built between 1890 and 1910.
Blount-Bridgers House 1808 a national historic landmark, home to a permanent collection that celebrates the 200 year-old material culture of Edgecombe County
Coolmore Plantation, Antebellum 185860, Italianate villa designed by E. G. Lind for Dr. J.J.W. and Martha Powell. The main house contains original furniture, elaborate plasterwork and decorative painting. A North Carolina's National Historic Landmark.
Myrtle Grove Plantation Built about 1842 for Charles L. Vines and wife Martha Ann Williams located near the colonial Tar River road. Today Myrtle Grove offers fine dining in the antebellum home.